Enhance the Beauty of Your Face
Facial Plastic Surgery: Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery as well as Otolaryngology, Dino Madonna, MD uses the latest techniques to minimize scarring and down time in restoring your "look." You'll often hear Dr. Madonna using phrases such as "the artistry of the face" and "excellence with a conscience." Both refer to his and Lake ENT's commitment to what is in the best interest of the client. As a fellowship trained surgeon, Dr. Madonna offers numerous surgical procedures, including the repair of defects left by the Mohs Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgery, in order to treat and reconstruct deformities which may have been affected by skin cancers or other traumas.
Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Rhytidectomy (Face and Neck Lift): Aging of the face is inevitable. As the years go by, the skin begins to loosen on the face and neck. Crow's feet appear at the corners of the eyes. Fine forehead lines become creases and then, gradually, deeper folds. The jawline softens into jowls, and beneath the chin, another chin or vertical folds appear at the front of the neck. Heredity, personal habits, the pull of gravity, and sun exposure contribute to the aging of the face. As the aging population grows, it is obvious why rhytidectomy has become the third most desired facial plastic surgical procedure.
Rhinoplasty (Surgery of the Nose): Every year, half a million people who are interested in improving the appearance of their noses seek consultation with facial plastic surgeons. Some are unhappy with the noses they were born with, and some with the way aging has changed their nose. For others, an injury may have distorted the nose, or the goal may be improved breathing. Because the nose is the most defining characteristic of the face, a slight alteration can greatly improve one's appearance.
Blepharoplasty (Surgery of the Eyelids): Droopy eyelids can make you look older and can also impair vision.Every year, one hundred thousand men and women choose blepharoplasty to improve the way they look.
- Forehead Lift: Your tired, angry, or sad expression may not reflect how you actually feel. As a result, many people have opted for a procedure known as the forehead lift.
- Mentoplasty (Surgery of the Chin): A well defined chin helps give balance to the face and creates a major part of one's profile. Surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty, or surgery of the nose, are often the first to suggest that changes in chin size or shape may enhance a profile as much as rhinoplasty. It is common for the facial plastic surgeon to recommend chin surgery in addition to nose surgery when the surgeon sees that chin augmentation is necessary to achieve facial balance and harmony.
- Otoplasty (Surgery of the Ears): Children, long the victims of cruel nicknames, are the most likely candidates for otoplasty, but this surgery can be performed at any age after the ears have reached full size, usually around five to six years of age. Even if the ears are only mildly distorted, the condition can lead to self-consciousness and poor adaptation to school. When it comes to otoplasty, conventional wisdom is the earlier the better.
- Facial Scar Revision: When the skin is in the process of recovering from an injury, whether the result of an accident, surgery, a burn, or acne, scarring will occur wherever multiple layers of the skin have been affected. Once a scar forms, it is permanent but may be made less visible or relocated surgically.
- Laser Surgery: A laser is a high-energy beam of light that can selectively transfer its energy into tissue to treat the skin. Lasers contain a material that produces and amplifies light. Many procedures cannot be done without the laser. Likewise, many procedures are better performed without the laser. Even with the sparkle, pure color, and high-energy beam, the laser is not always the best tool for surgery. The choice of using a laser or other surgical methods is carefully made by your Lake ENT facial plastic surgeon.
- Skin Resurfacing: Premature wrinkling is more common now than ever before. Both men and women seek facial plastic surgery to reverse the effects of sun damaged skin. Surgery may also improve the pitted look of acne scars and remove pre-cancerous skin growths called keratoses.